Saturday, May 13, 2017

Rise Up Challenge: Spring Edition

RUC: Where limits sease to exist.
Recorded 9.5miles with apx 300ft? of ascend. I was running with the group as my cartography skills aren't the best. It was a windy day so the arrows that were tied to the trees were pointing either to make a turn or to keep going. I think we did an extra 2km from either going the wrong way or covering extra terrain. There was many slack lines, most i've ever seen! Some slack-lines consisted of rings and holds, others contained bars. There was many different uses for these slack lines which was great. Trails were really nice, it was a jog for 2.5hrs. This is my 2nd RUC that I've done. I highly recommend wearing / carrying gloves. I ran with no gloves and my hands were numb after some of the obstacles. This has been a good recovery jog for myself. This event is a great way to interact during and after the race. There was even some food trucks and red bull at the finish line! The photographers were awesome, great way to get some professional action shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment